Wednesday, January 4, 2012

One Little Phrase Broken Down - Part Two: Beautify

In my ongoing posts about my "One Little Phrase" for 2012, the second word I chose for this year was Beautify. 

This has a two-fold application. First I want to make our home beautiful...or at least start the process. I have no illusions that it will be done in one year! Toward this end I have:

  • joined Pinterest and pinned tons of great, simple ideas I want to use in our home.
  • subscribed to two homey type magazines, House Beautiful and Country Living. It was my first Groupon and each was $5 for a full year of magazines. Yea! 
The second application of Beautify is to focus on my health. Healthy body = beautiful body. I am not talking about being a size 0, learning new ways to do my hair and buying cute clothes. I am talking about focusing on the inside as much as the outside.  I need to be working out every single day (40 is quickly approaching this summer - eek!), eating the way I feed my kids, sleeping more, drinking more water, taking my vitamins and taking time to make my health needs a priority in the day. It's not just about shedding pounds that have crept on, although I am committed to making that happen, it's about getting healthy so I can be the wife and mom I need to be and that God has called me to be. 

It's also about staying spiritually healthy as well. I want to continue being in the word regularly and deeply. 2011 was a wonderful year in that regard and I plan, by His grace, to continue. 
But let you adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious.  ~1 Peter 3:4

No comments: